All incoming 7th through completed 12th-grade musicians may apply for submission.
Campers arrive for registration and an evening jazz concert at 5 pm on Tuesday, July 11 and the camp concludes at JazzFest on Saturday, July 15.
Click HERE for a scholarship application.
The top band will perform on the Main Stage at JazzFest 2017! JazzFest is the biggest jazz and blues festival in the upper Midwest-featuring performances by Gary Clark Jr., Gov’t Mule, Joe Walsh, Sheryl Crow, George Thorogood, the Neville Brothers, Little Feat, Andra Day, The Fray, Buddy Guy, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Bettye LaVette, Tower of Power, Taj Mahal, Mavis Staples and many more!
All campers will attend the Friday night JazzFest pizza party, backstage VIP pass visit, and other fun activities during the week!
All campers will also have the opportunity to purchase group photos and a DVD of the JazzFest performance will be available following JazzFest, courtesy of South Dakota Public Broadcasting.
Last year, a new vocal component was added to JazzFest Jazz Camp! Vocalists will learn to sing with an ensemble, combo and develop “jazz” singing skills. Special lessons will be available such as style, interpretation, vocal technique, introduction to music theory, scat singing and more. Plus, top vocalists will be featured with the jazz combos at JazzFest!
Space is limited for vocalists! Vocal applicants will have to audition before final acceptance.
1. A standard jazz tune (Fly Me to the Moon, Stormy Weather, etc.); please bring a copy of the sheet music for the accompanist
2. Auditionees will be required to perform range and tonal memory tests
3. Auditions may be done:
– In person on the campus of Augustana University with Dr. Russell Svenningsen
– By submitting a private YouTube
– Audition via Skype
4. To set up your audition, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org